1798Ballerina Anna Gardie, who was dwelling along with her husband within the boarding house, was murdered. Her husband was also discovered lifeless of stab wounds; the coroner ruled it a murder/suicide. Under Romaine’s possession widow, Orcet ran a boarding house. 1793Stout was changed by Charles Bernardi, who ran the boarding home at fifty four Pearl Street and operated a dry-good store. Under Delafield the constructing was operated by tenant, Benjamin Stout.
1719Etienne De Lancey constructed the three-story constructing at 54 Pearl Street as a family residence. This building is now the principle constructing of Fraunces Tavern Museum. To prevent the homeowners from destroying the building, the City of New York exercised its rights of eminent domain and designated it as a park in 1903.
Stout leased the property’s bake-home to baker, Andrew Inderweek. 1787The Departments of the Treasury and War additionally moved in and used the building till 1788. 1776In May and June, the New York Provincial Congress met on the Tavern. After the city was occupied by the British, Fraunces fled to New Jersey, but was later captured and forced to return to New York City to prepare dinner for British generals.
1900The constructing was threatened with demolition and a variety of patriotic groups, notably the Daughters of the American Revolution, formed a committee to try to save it. 1890The first flooring was dropped to road stage and the exterior was transformed with cast iron and glass storefronts. 1800Orcet was changed by Daniel Coughlen who opened a grocery store and tavern at 54 Pearl Street.
1775The British warship HMS Asia bombarded the city on August 24; an 18-pound cannonball went via the roof of Fraunces Tavern. 1759The building was occupied by De Lancey, Robinson & Company, a service provider agency, which used it as workplace and warehousing house.
The following 12 months the owners agreed to sell the property to the Sons of the Revolution℠ in the State of New York, Inc . The City rescinded its park designation and the SRNY took title in July. As ownership continued to alter, the building’s history was never forgotten. 54 Pearl Street continued to be a gathering place for Patriots. On July 4, 1804 underneath the administration of David Ross, the Society of Cincinnati held a meeting at 54 Pearl Street.